Today I am 26.
I’ve thought for a long while about what I wanted to say and this is what I came up with. If 25/2011 was the year of intense self-growth, then 26 will be the year of celebrating me. One of my resolutions for 2012 is to accept that it’s okay to brag a little/be proud of my accomplishments. Considering that this is my birthday/year in review post, I’m going to do just that.
- I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!! Over the course of my professional life, I’ve held a lot of titles. Intern, temp, freelancer… But there’s one I’ve always coveted and never been able to grasp. Salaried employee. Next week, that all changes. I’ve been offered a job where I get to combine my love of the media and writing with my interest in non-profit and I couldn’t be more excited if I tried.
- I have an incredible group of family and friends. When I told them all my news last week, they were all excited (some more than me!) and it felt so good to hear “you deserve this”
- I have an awesome roommate. I know I drove her crazy A LOT this year. But she still puts up with me and is there when I need her. And for that, I am grateful.
- I live in New York City. This accomplishment speaks for itself.
- I have this community. Last week, I was trying to explain to my family, the whole concept of “internet friends.” I think they think I’m crazy, but I really consider people on tumblr/twitter to be my friends and I am so grateful for your support.
Clearly 26 is already starting out as the year of Lauren and I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store!