- Four years ago today, my parents and I packed up a U-Haul truck in our driveway.
- Four years ago today, we got into said U-Haul and drove to my new life in Brooklyn.
- Four years ago today, I was excited (and a little scared) to finally have that New York address I had always dreamed of.
- Four years ago today, I arrived starry-eyed and giddy to a four bedroom apartment, not even caring that I was moving into a room in a basement with no windows.
- Four years ago today, I was a kid with a lot of ambition, but as I learned later, not a lot of direction.
- Today I woke up in my Upper East Side apartment that I adore and pinched myself that I get to call this city home.
- Today I treated myself to breakfast at my favorite bagel place (it’s a special occasion!) and walked to a job that I never would have imagined being at four years ago.
- Tonight, I will celebrate this milestone with my parents who I think are still a little in awe that I live here and have lasted so long.
Happy anniversary New York City. Here’s to (at least) four more!