- Friday: Heading from a very relaxing “office is closing at 3” celebratory lunch to happy hour with the book club girls on Friday night.
- Saturday consisting of sleeping in, lunch and shopping in Soho and a Saturday night at home with the DVR.
- Sunday: The Met to see the Stein exhibit (closing on Sunday, GO see it!), the Prada exhibit (highly recommend) and the rooftop sculpture, window shopping and deep cleaning of the apartment in preparation for Mom & Dad’s visit this weekend.
- Monday: Men in Black 3, John Dalys in the park and a VEEP marathon since Rachel insisted it’s a must watch - and she was right!
Hope you had a nice weekend!
We’ve got tons of info on what to do with your dark/small/uncomfortable/personality-free/wonderful-but-needs-a-little-pizazz rental place over in these parts.
Just click the below links for more info!
Reblogging due to the fact that we are no longer moving out of our apartment (life got in the way of our big move plans) and instead giving our little brick walled home a new breath of fresh air over the summer.
I am a self-confessed workaholic in every sense of the word. I like to be busy and I love having a full calendar. But lately I’ve been feeling a slight void. A lost feeling if you will. It’s been lurking around for the past couple of weeks and for the longest time, I wasn’t able to pinpoint what it was.
Then last night, it hit me. I am a little LOST. For the first time in a long time (possibly ever), I don’t have a goal that I’m working towards. First it was graduate high school. Then it was graduate college. Finally, it was get a full-time job with a salary and benefits. So now that I’ve accomplished all of that, what comes next? Settle down, stop spending my money on wine and H&M sales and start saving for the future? Because I don’t know if I’m ready for that.
This is totally normal right?
you can’t resign your lease?
I don’t remember if I ever posted, but in case my previous post wasn’t clear, we’re moving!!
The roomie and I have been in our apartment for three years (which I can’t even believe) and just have that itch for something bigger and better. We live inside a construction zone, there are loud drunk people outside almost every night and my dresser is in the living room. And our rent is going up almost $200.
But, we also love our neighborhood, our routines and our respective commutes. So we’re hoping to stay on the Upper East Side, pay about the same amount and have TWO queen sized bedrooms.
Pray for us?
- Movie dates with my friends
- Pretending we’re still 22. (Spoiler alert. We’re not)
- Long runs in Central & Carl Schurz Parks (More running than I’ve done in ages. I’m a little sore.)
- Lunch, sunning and reading in the BEAUTIFUL Central Park sunshine.
How was your weekend?
- Friday night happy hour at Heidi’s with two of my favorite girls (NYC-ers, I highly recommend checking it out. It’s cute with great appetizers and they let you test wine before having a full glass since Heidi’s philosophy is that no one should be forced to drink a glass of wine they don’t like.)
- Brunch and bridesmaid dress fitting on Saturday (Belgian waffles and shopping at a grocery store that’s cheaper than New York City prices AND a car to drive it all home? It’s the little things that please me people.)
- Purchasing this skirt. (It’s going to be a summer wardrobe staple. Friends, get used to seeing it often.)
- Sunday morning viewing of Friends With Kids (highly highly HIGHLY recommend. Awesome cast, smart funny dialogue and a great story. Go see it.)
- Sunday afternoon brunch at PS450(it’s a current favorite among my whole group of friends)
- Warm weather and lots of sunshine!
How was your weekend?