Last night we had the party at The Bar for the lucky ladies who won the Atlantic-Pacific sweepstakes! There was no shortage of baubles and bubbly! Each winner received a prize pack from the Atlantic-Pacific collection, could bring a friend and they got to meet Blair! We had such a fun time mingling with all the ladies!
A couple of weeks ago I got an email that I’d won a chance to meet Blair of Atlantic Pacific fame and check out BaubleBar’s new retail store. So last night, despite the awful weather, my pal Rachel and I headed downtown after work.
A couple things:
1. Blair is as awesome as I would imagine and so sweet. The collection is really cute (but you all knew that).
2. The Bar is kind of awesome. Its really bright & colorful and well designed, AND it’s filled with both website favorites and a few pieces that they don’t have online. New York girls, I highly recommend making a trip to the Bar ASAP.
Thanks for having me team BB!
- Sleeping in and spending my day off from work finsihing Gone Girl. (WOW. Just… what a book!!)
- Cheap happy hour drinks & eats with the best girlfriends.
- Cheap diner breakfast and grocery shopping in NJ with the roomie (You’d think I had never eaten or bought groceries outside of New York City!)
- Bridesmaid dress fitting and getting the all clear to take my dress home. (Only a month to go until I get to stand up and see one of my best friends start her next chapter!)
- A Saturday night filled with brisket…beer… bluegrass…and best friends
- And finally a Sunday Funday filled with mimosas, Harry Potter themed entertainment and Olympic glory!
Now I’m gearing up for a quick week followed by a relaxing weekend of R&R in New Hampshire. Happy Monday!
- Spending my day off volunteering and catching up with some former coworkers
- Breaking my “never going to Yankee Stadium” rule to support aforementioned former co-workers.
- Beating the heat under a shady tree in Central Park with a spray bottle and our August book club book. (Get it. It’s really good)
- Catching up with (and celebrating!) at an old friend’s birthday.
- Most importantly: staying cool!
How was your weekend?
Updates on my life:
- I dyed my hair dark again. I’m even more obsessed.
- Work’s getting good/busy again. Now that I’ve passed the six month mark, I feel like I’m getting more responsibility and it’s exciting.
- I spent the weekend at my parents lake house in NH and spent Friday touring my old summer camp. I haven’t been a camper in ten years, but it feels like I was just there yesterday. I would like to go back.
- I’m shopping for new kitchen chairs and this week we replaced our coffee table/army trunk with a REAL coffee table. It’s quite possibly the most grown-up thing ever.
- The most un-grown-up? Happy Hour last night. oof.
- OH PS. Amelia came to visit me for a night. We pretended that we were 21 again and it was so so glorious. She needs to come back soon.
This has been a post.
Update on this post: Thanks for all your tips and advice! I survived! Once I got over the initial shock of “my entire front section hurts & why would anyone find this enjoyable”, I actually really liked it! The instructor was a good mix of intense and nice and any workout playlist that combines Flo-Rida, David Guetta and Florence and the Machine is something I’m on board with.
NYC Girls: If you’re looking for a good gym, I highly recommend Boom Fitness, which I just joined after hearing my roommate rave about it forever. Good classes, nice setup and if you go in with a Living Social/Groupon/Amazon Local deal (they’re on there often), they’ll only charge you $1 initiation/activation fee for a full membership.