- Sleeping in and spending my day off from work finsihing Gone Girl. (WOW. Just… what a book!!)
- Cheap happy hour drinks & eats with the best girlfriends.
- Cheap diner breakfast and grocery shopping in NJ with the roomie (You’d think I had never eaten or bought groceries outside of New York City!)
- Bridesmaid dress fitting and getting the all clear to take my dress home. (Only a month to go until I get to stand up and see one of my best friends start her next chapter!)
- A Saturday night filled with brisket…beer… bluegrass…and best friends
- And finally a Sunday Funday filled with mimosas, Harry Potter themed entertainment and Olympic glory!
Now I’m gearing up for a quick week followed by a relaxing weekend of R&R in New Hampshire. Happy Monday!
- Spending my day off volunteering and catching up with some former coworkers
- Breaking my “never going to Yankee Stadium” rule to support aforementioned former co-workers.
- Beating the heat under a shady tree in Central Park with a spray bottle and our August book club book. (Get it. It’s really good)
- Catching up with (and celebrating!) at an old friend’s birthday.
- Most importantly: staying cool!
How was your weekend?
Updates on my life:
- I dyed my hair dark again. I’m even more obsessed.
- Work’s getting good/busy again. Now that I’ve passed the six month mark, I feel like I’m getting more responsibility and it’s exciting.
- I spent the weekend at my parents lake house in NH and spent Friday touring my old summer camp. I haven’t been a camper in ten years, but it feels like I was just there yesterday. I would like to go back.
- I’m shopping for new kitchen chairs and this week we replaced our coffee table/army trunk with a REAL coffee table. It’s quite possibly the most grown-up thing ever.
- The most un-grown-up? Happy Hour last night. oof.
- OH PS. Amelia came to visit me for a night. We pretended that we were 21 again and it was so so glorious. She needs to come back soon.
This has been a post.
— Are you reading The Everygirl? You should be, because it’s got some really great content and has very quickly become one of my daily favorites.
- Friday: Heading from a very relaxing “office is closing at 3” celebratory lunch to happy hour with the book club girls on Friday night.
- Saturday consisting of sleeping in, lunch and shopping in Soho and a Saturday night at home with the DVR.
- Sunday: The Met to see the Stein exhibit (closing on Sunday, GO see it!), the Prada exhibit (highly recommend) and the rooftop sculpture, window shopping and deep cleaning of the apartment in preparation for Mom & Dad’s visit this weekend.
- Monday: Men in Black 3, John Dalys in the park and a VEEP marathon since Rachel insisted it’s a must watch - and she was right!
Hope you had a nice weekend!